Monday, June 05, 2006

Back to Civilian Life

All things must come to an end.

For the past 3 years (almost), I have considered it an honor and a privilege to serve the Kingdom of God as the church secretary at McKnight Road. Over the course of the past few months, I have started seeking other employment for a wide variety of reasons. As of right now, I have not accepted another position, but on Sunday, my employment with the church ended. I have been honored to serve the church, and am thankful for my experiences as an employee.

For my readers who are church members, please note that my church email address will no longer be active. So, should you need to contact me, it will be best to reach me either by phone or at my home email address.

Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is shocking news. You did such a great job for us as a church family. I have never met a harder, more dedicated worker than you. You will be missed, but we will still see you in worship right?

I don't know what is happening in the office up there, but something isn't right. First Keith, then Bethany, then Brian, then Ellen, and now you. Maybe it isn't the staff that needs to change.

I will call you.

We love you and Jason and the girls!

Jason Harbison said...

Many members have told me what a wonderful, helpful and great employee you were. I know that you will be greatly missed. Let's keep our eye on HIM and everything will work out. Remember Romans 8:28,

Love,
Jason

Anonymous said...

Needless to say, when you called me, I was "floored". But we both had been praying for God's direction. Maybe He knew you might have a hard time trying to see His will for you unless it was a "bomb". In all of my years in the church, I have never known a church staff member who was so caring. You were always there to lend a helping hand, you made sure information on the members got to us, and it was so wonderful to be able to look at the bulletin as we traveled. You put some organization into an unorganized place. I, too, am very concerned about McKnight. Very caring, God loving, humble people are now gone.
I agree that maybe it is not the staff that needs to be changed. The input from members yesterday was very good. But if the agenda is already set, we all wasted our time. Time will tell - right now, we are going to go about trying to serve God and be the best example of His will as we can be. We, as Christians, are the Light that needs to shine for Christ. You know you and your family are very special to us. God will provide the answer - what lies ahead of you will be a greater opportunity to proclaim God's love and power.