Monday, January 23, 2006

Willie and Judy

If you know me well at all, you have heard me talk about our good friends, Willie and Judy. We have been friends with them for quite a while now, and we feel blessed to know them. They are great mentors to Jason and me, and we have learned a lot about life and marriage from them. We are better people because of their influence.

We have had a lot of pretty deep conversations over the years, and I am very often reminded of some of the lessons that I have learned from them. One of the most important lessons is this: “It doesn’t matter what everyone else is doing, it only matters that you do what you believe to be right.” There is a lot of wisdom in that lesson, and sometimes I have a hard time remembering it. But, luckily, Willie gently reminds me when I need to be reminded! Thanks Willie.

Another important lesson that we have learned from Willie goes something like this, “If you keep on doin’ what cha always done, you’re gonna keep on getting’ what cha always got.” Now, Willie never proclaimed to be a Grammar scholar, so give him a break. But once again, he reminds me often that if I want a different result in my life, I have to do something different. Change is hard, but necessary, and for any situation to change, we all have to be willing to do something differently. Another great lesson!

Willie and Judy have taught me the importance of kindness, even when others aren’t kind. They have taught me to be prayerful even when it is hard. They have taught me that life needs to be lived in a way that brings glory and honor to God, no matter what is happening around me.

So, today, I’d like to introduce you to our two good friends: Willie and Judy. They are great friends, mentors, and we are blessed to have them in our life. We love you both and appreciate your friendship.

No comments: