Monday, January 30, 2006

I am an addict

Hi, my name is Conni, and I am addict. You know, admitting that we have a problem is the first step. That is what I'd like to do today. I am here to admit that I have a problem...I am addicted to Ms. Pac-Man. It is sad, but true.

Since about 4th grade, I have loved this game! I can remember going to pizza places and begging my mom for more quarters so I could play "just one more time!" My mother was a great enabler to my addiction, keeping my pockets full. I heard her tell my grandmother once, "Yes, she plays Ms. Pac-Man a lot, but she will grow out of it." Well mom, I hate to disappoint you, but I am 35, and I have still not outgrown my love for this game. Inky, Blinky and Pinky and I are still good friends after all of these years.

I thought that I had licked this addiction, until this Christmas. Do you know what Santa brought me? MS. PAC-MAN! This is the coolest thing I have ever seen. It is a joy stick that you plug directly into your TV, and MS. PAC-MAN appears in her original form! It is so exciting! I can play it for hours! Who needs X-Box, when Ms. Pac-Man is in the house?

I don't know that I will ever over come this addiction...and to be honest, I am not sure that I want to. Hi, my name is Conni and I am an addict....and I am okay with that.


Anyone else addicted?

1 comment:

Jason Harbison said...

Hi Conni - We are glad you are here! Keep coming back! Don't forget step 1.. We admitted we are powerless over Ms. Pacman - that our lives have become unmanageable!