Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Very Tiring Tuesday!

Wow, what a day! The alarm clock went off at 6, I stumbled out of bed, took a shower and proceeded to get dressed, fix my hair, do my make-up, and then I was off to prayer group. Afterwards, we journeyed to St. Louis Bread Company for breakfast and fellowship, just like every other Tuesday morning. Things were going pretty much the same as they had for the past several months on Tuesdays, until I left Bread Company and was faced with the reality that I was not going back home at that point.

That’s right. Today was my first day back to work, and I am exhausted to say the least. The day was filled with normal office work, reordering supplies, answering questions, and unburying my desk! There was a lot to deal with after being out since September 29th. As I scurried around the office today, I was extremely thankful for the angels that had filled in for me while I was gone. A small group of ladies: Mary Ann, Nell, Rosemary, Ann, and Donna did a great job in my absence. Things appeared to run as smoothly as possible. It was also obvious to me that Brian, Larry, Jimmy, Ellen, Tony, A.J. and Nancy had all picked up a lot of slack to make sure things continued to function pretty normally. Thanks to all.

I certainly was glad to be back at work, and felt blessed to be in good enough health to be there. There is much to do, and many things to take care of, but they will all get done. I need to remember to pace myself (gentle reminders kindly accepted- but no preaching please!). The day seemed to drag on, and the later it got in the day, the more I wanted a nap. (I even considered taking a little snooze on the prayer room couch!) But, I plowed full steam ahead and started checking things off of my very long list. The workday ended, and I didn’t find it too difficult to leave when my workday was over (Although I did stay a little later than I had planned to-Is anyone surprised by that?)

The day didn’t end there. Jason and I met a friend around dinnertime, and then he was off to his Tuesday night league. I headed for home, made supper for Bekah (stir fry- YUM!), and collapsed on the couch. Whew…I made it through the day…

Now if I can just muster up enough strength to wash my face, brush my teeth, and crawl into bed…Yeah, I know it is only 7:03…what’s your point?

3 comments:

hannah said...

Congrats Connie on making your first day back at work! A regular working day takes more energy than you think,doesn't it? I think we should adopt the midday siesta into our work day... I take at least 10-15 minutes a day thinking of a nap, why not just spend the time doing it?! Remember to say Amen if someone walks in on you ;)

Becky said...

Welcome back Conni! I know it's tiring to be back, but it also probably feels good to be "in the swing of things" again. You make sure everyone is nice to you there! :) And by ALL means... take a nap on that couch! Have your "prayer time" in the "prayer room"... catch my drift? wink wink! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I know you were missed by a lot of people. I don't envy you the 'catching up' you have to do but as Eric always told me -"no one is going to die if it doesn't get done today!" Don't wear yourself out - and if a nap is just what you need to get through the day - why not?