Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Great Friends

I had planned to put a great picture on my blog today, but I have been threatened with bodily harm if I posted it. Since one of my goals in 2006 is to stay out of the hospital, I chose to honor the request. So unfortunately, this picture will have to do. Use your imagination... the 3 of us look just like this...except we don't play soccer, we don't wear hats, none of us have blonde hair, and I can assure you we wouldn't be caught dead in those shirts or knee socks. But other than that, we look just like them. Not really, we actually look NOTHING like this group, except each of us are actually this thin!

Anyway, I can still tell you about two incredible friends. (You know who you are!) Every Wednesday, the 3 of us meet before church for supper at our favorite local Mexican restaurant. I think we all look forward to the mid-week break from work and other responsibilities. We usually eat too much, laugh a lot, and talk about things that we don’t generally share with others. Sometimes I feel like I have known these two ladies forever. It is such a blessing to have friends that you can share ANYTHING with. The three of us have a good time together. Sometimes we talk about trivial things, but sometimes we get pretty deep and talk about things that really matter, like how to change the world and how to solve all of its problems. Of course we are never successful at figuring it all out, but we are pretty good at helping each other see what we can do individually to make the world a better place.

Our group is not exclusive…all are welcome… BUT NO MEN ALLOWED! This is just time for the girls. Just don’t be too offended if we wolf down too many chips and order guacamole AND cheese dip. We don’t hold back on Wednesday nights; we eat what we want and don’t worry too much about it. But, we all order DIET Coke because we don’t want to lose our girlish figures too quickly! (As if that would really help!)

I love you girls! (Even if you won’t let me post your picture!)

2 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

I am really glad that my wife has great friends, who support her, encourage her and really love her.

Conni H. said...

I have been asked not to reveal names on this particular blog! Sorry! : (