Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Giggling Girls

How can I possibly blog about all that I am thankful for and not include my girls? This is one of my favorite pictures of Bekah and Jen. It was taken just before Bekah's first birthday at our house in Tennessee. Jen was visiting us for the week and was almost 5. The girls have been close from the beginning, and their relationship continues grow through the years.

One of my favorite things in life is the sound of them giggling. It is funny how similar they sound now after all of this time. When they were small they giggled about silly things like Elmo, and Blue's Clues. Now they giggle about boys! They used to giggle because they were tired and needed a nap. Now they giggle because they have been up all night sharing secrets. Oh, how time flies and things change.

I can't help but smile when I think about how they have changed. It is funny how these two "little ones" have grown up right before my eyes into beautiful young women. It is hard to believe that Jen is already 16 and Bekah is 12. They both have given their lives to Christ and are looking forward to their futures. It won't be long before we watch them walk across a stage to receive their college degrees...and then we will hear them confess their love for that special someone when they say, "I do." Okay, I better stop before I turn myself into a grandmother.

I am so thankful for our girls and for their giggles. That sound will never get old!

1 comment:

Guatorean Daddy said...

OK, Grandma, I love your thoughts on this. You have such a beautiful daughter. I would imagine her smiles invoke the same reactions as her giggles-whether she knows you are looking or not.