Monday, November 28, 2005

A Few Good Men

Although I could write volumes about Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, and Kevin Bacon, this post is NOT about the movie. It is about “a few good men” that God has blessed me with over the last several years.

As most of you know, from the time that I was a very small child, my experiences with men were not good. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of success stories to share. In fact, for a long time, I had pretty much decided that the entire male population was made up of a bunch of self-absorbed jerks. But that isn’t what this post is about either.

Yesterday at church I was reminded that God has brought “a few good men” into my life. I won’t write their names here…they know who they are. I have already shared my heart with them! Anyway, it has been amazing to me how much I have grown and changed because of these Godly men. I have learned how a husband and dad are supposed to act. I have learned what true work ethic looks like, and a lot about humility and pride. I have learned about being a true servant, and about giving my life COMPLETELY to the cause of Christ. Most importantly, I have learned about the true meaning of God's love, mercy, and grace. I have learned lessons from these men that I should have learned long ago, but was not fortunate enough to have had the opportunity before now.


I am so thankful for these men that my life has been blessed with. I am thankful for their words of encouragement, wisdom and faith. I am thankful for their honesty, challenges, and words in difficult situations. I am also thankful that they take the time to make a difference in my life through prayer, fellowship, worship, and friendship.

Today I just want to praise God for changing my heart, and for bringing a “few good men” into my life!

2 comments:

Guatorean Daddy said...

Amen. In less than 2 years, I have been blown away by the caliber of men at McKnight. There are some great shephards in our flock.

Conni H. said...

Yes there are...and the coolest thing is that they give all glory to God. I had to remind one of them recenty that they still have choice...they choose to become the men that God wants them to be.

God is good!