Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...Again.


As far as I am concerned, the best movie ever made was THE WIZARD OF OZ. I believe this movie teaches a great deal about being true to one’s self, friendship, family, and faith. As we travel to the Wonderful Land of Oz, we are repeatedly reminded of what is truly important in life. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks that this movie is one of the greatest, as it was voted by the American Film Institute as the Best Family Film of all time. The Wizard of Oz was written by Frank Baum in 1900, made it’s debut as a movie over 60 years ago, and starred Judy Garland as Dorothy. The Wizard of Oz received six Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture, and won two Oscars: Best Original Score and Best Song ("Over the Rainbow"). On October 25, Warner Home Video released a Two-Disc Special Edition and a Three-Disc Collector's Edition for fans to enjoy, and they are jammed packed with new features for viewers. The bonuses of having this collection are too numerous to name, but they are certainally worth checking out!

This is a must have for all Oz collectors. I have no doubt that I will be traveling down the yellow brick road again very soon! (Christmas is coming ya know?) The Wicked Witch herself couldn’t keep me away! Oh yeah, just in case you are wondering, no I don’t work for Warner Home Video, and no I don’t make commission on the sale of this DVD!

2 comments:

hannah said...

Are you going to see Wicked at the Fox? A new musical spin-off from Oz... I heard its great!

Conni H. said...

Hannah- Yes, we have tickets and are looking forward to it. I will have to post after we see it and let you know how it is! I have heard that it is awesome too.

good to hear from you!