Monday, February 20, 2006

You May Be Surprised to Know...

On Friday, my friend Shawn called me at the office. He called to ask me a church related question, but in our conversation mentioned that he had been reading my blog and was enjoying getting to know me better. I didn’t even know he and his wife Sherri knew that I had a blog, much less that they were reading it!

I started thinking about what he said on the phone. He said that he was learning a lot about me. I guess I do share a lot out here on the World Wide Web. Through this blog, you all have learned that I love the Wizard of Oz, music is my passion, I ABSOLUTELY believe in the power of prayer, I have lots of questions about Scripture, I love my family and friends more than words can express, I love the activities I am involved in, and a whole host of other things. After Shawn and I spoke, I asked myself the question, “What could I blog about that I wouldn’t mind people knowing about me that may surprise them?” A few things came to mind that I don't think most of you know about me. So here are 5 things about me that might surprise you!

1. I have a degree in Social Work from a VERY conservative Church of Christ University.
2. A good friend of mine and I are in the process of writing a book entitled “When you are Ready.”
3. I was offered a recording contract in the mid 90’s.
4. My favorite food (by far) is popcorn!
5. I love to write and won a poetry contest for writing “Psalm 151.”

Now it is your turn. Tell us something about you that we don’t already know. Remember, it is okay to share good things in your life, and things that you have achieved…All good things come from God… Give Him the glory!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good ones Conni. Here are just a few of mine.

- I grew up on a small farm in a small town in rural east Texas. It was the good life. I still dream of farming/ranching.

- I had the best role models for parents in all respects.

- I have the best in-laws that anyone could hope for. Not just trying to score points here. :-)

- I attended Lubbock Christian University and played baseball.

- I represented my school in Washington D.C. at the National Youth Leaders Conference

- I am color blind. Be careful riding in a care with me as I may need some help with the lights.

- I love meatloaf and honey BBQ chicken wings from KFC. The wings are my superbowl snack of choice with a Dr. Pepper.

- I love to go fishing with family/friends.

Shawn

Conni H. said...

HOORAY- MY PLAN WORKED!

I knew that I'd get you to post!

Welcome to the blogging/commenting world!

I would have never guessed some of the things that you shared! Can I call you Farmer Shawn?

Jason Harbison said...

Here are some of mine blogging world,

1. I was in the US Army from 1993 to 1997 and my primary job was a truck driver.
2. I was the Bell Tower Cartoonist at Freed-Hardeman University.
3. I was a Youth Minister for 2 years at Selmer Church of Christ in TN.
4. I am color blind
5. I was adopted by my dad when I was 22 years old

Anonymous said...

Things about me that you probably don't know about me:

1. I love knee socks... especially striped knee socks (that's all I wear).
2. I love musical theatre.
3. I want to perform on Broadway.
4. I was the student director of my school play.
5. I was the top scorer among St. Louis teens in the Bible Bowl last summer.

BEKAH!

Anonymous said...

- I never wanted daughters, only sons. I am glad I didn't get my "wish."

- I grew up at the beach, but I prefer the mountains by far.

- I don't like driving automatic vehicles, I much prefer a stick shift.

- My favorite ice cream flavor is Baskin-Robbins Love Potion #9.

- I barely graduated high school because my grades were so bad, then in my first semester of college I had a 4.0 carrying a full load.

Anonymous said...

Ok. . here we go. . .in trying to remain anonymous, I have not wanted to say to much lest i give myself away. . .

--I sew frequently. . .I make clothes from scratch, and can even make things without patterns.

--I have a degenterating disc in my lower back.

--I have three college degrees and use none of them professionally.

--I bake bread at home from scratch. . .the kneading and rising is a zen excercise in activity and patience.

--I am a poor excuse for a guy. . .i can't bar B Q, I VERY little about cars, and throw like a girl.

23091rioej