Thursday, February 23, 2006

Little Women


Last night one of my best friends and I went to see Little Women at the Fox Theatre. I'd like to share my thoughts about the show with you.

1. Save your money- you can sleep at home for free!


2. If you must go- Bring a copy of "Written Etiquette for Theatre Goers" for the people next to you who are passing M&Ms up and down the aisle and are doing disgusting things because of their apparent winter colds.

3. While you are likely to get whistled and/or honked at, please be sure to walk directly to and from the theatre with a "buddy" for safety's sake.

4. I recommend that you tune out about 85 % of the show, as most of it is mediocre at best. There were a few vocals that were exceptionally good, but over-all the acting was way over done and the vocals and dancing were fair.

5. If you are forced into going, have a friend call you during intermission with an "emergency" so you can go home. Don't worry about your cell phone going off in the middle of the show, no one else worries about it.

So, the show was not so good. Jodi and I both give it 2 thumbs down, and while we enjoyed getting to spend time together, we agree that the night would have been better spent watching the movie "Little Women" in the comfort of our own homes, with a big bucket of popcorn and a diet coke by our sides!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Women has always been one of my all time favorite books - but I won't be going to the play - thanks for sparing me the boredom you went through - I'm glad Steve didn't try to keep your tickets - ha ha