Thursday, February 16, 2006

This is Steve!


This is Steve. Many of you who read my blog regularly know him already. Three of you who read my blog know him VERY well since he is your husband or dad! The rest of us know him as a friend, an elder, an INCREDIBLE musician, a mentor, a leader, and a gentle spirited servant of God.

Over the last few years, Steve and I have gotten to know each other pretty well, and I have had the opportunity to work with him on a couple of pretty big projects. We've also been in a few meetings together (which have not been nearly as much fun as the projects!) He is wonderful to work with. He is patient, kind, humble and appreciative. He is a great example, and has taught me a lot about how to live. I suppose the most important thing I have learned from Steve is that there are some things worth worrying about, and there are some things that aren’t, and most fall into the latter category.

I am thankful that God blessed my family by allowing us to get to know Steve and his family. Thanks Steve, you are a good friend, and a great blessing! Thanks Ann for sharing your husband with us, and thanks to Jenny, Becky, and Stevie too for sharing your dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed indeed to have such a wealth of mentors in your life. . if there is anything that I feel I am missing, it is indeed that.

23948trefih

Jason Harbison said...

I am really glad that I have gotten to know Steve. I knew who he was but the past year or so I have really gotten to know him, (since I bowl with him pretty much every Tuesday). His outlook on life is outstanding and I couldn't agree more with Conni, however she forgot to mention that he is a great bowler!

Jenny Reijgers said...

yeah we think dad is a pretty great guy too. you're so sweet to write about him, i know he'll be thrilled to see the wonderful things you've said about him.

Becky said...

Yeah, he's OK... except for his really cheesy jokes... hehe! You're sweet Conni- I'm sure he'll love to read this!

hannah said...

I BIG TIME agree! I love Mr Steve- and the way he loves family, friends, service, church, laughter, music, and all the above! One of the most generous men that I know too. I grew up partly with the Haupts- sleepovers, vacations, he taught our wed night bible classes alot too. He's consistent with a joyful attitude, and you can't help but have a good time around Mr Steve! ...and I still get a kick out of his cheesy jokes!