Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Office


As you all know, I love my job. Working for the YMCA is such a blessing. Really the only complaint I have had at all is that the office that I moved into was a mint green color. I suppose that if you are expecting a new baby and are unsure of its gender, mint green might be an okay choice. But for me, it was AWEFUL. Even before I was officially hired, they told me that I could have it painted any color I wanted, I have just been too busy doing about a zillion other things, so it got put on the back burner for the last few months.

Well, this past weekend, Jason, my mom, and I decided to take the time to get it done. I chose brown and pink paint, and baskets for accent pieces. My friend Ray, (who is very much like Larry at church) said that he would paint it for me, but I figured that it would be good family time, and I think Ray works too hard already! This picture shows one view of my office. It is certainly not a Donald Trump kind of office, but I love it! It is great to have my own space, decorated the way I like it!

Here are some of the comments I heard today from my co-workers: “You didn’t tell me you were going to be on Trading Spaces- Your office looks great!” “It looks wonderful; it is so homey and comfortable.” “You did a great job- Wanna help me with mine?” “I think that you paid someone to do it for you- it looks like an interior decorator did this!” “If this were my office, I would never want to leave; I am so jealous.”

I am glad that my office is done and that it looks so much better. I am also glad that people think that it looks nice, and that they have been inspired to make their offices better too.

This picture is of two of my co-workers, Cesar and Lisa. Lisa recently resigned as the Associate Executive Director, and Cesar will now assume her position. Lisa passed on the witch’s hat with good reason. The Associate Exec is usually the “bad guy.” I personally don’t think either of them has a “bad” bone in their bodies. They are awesome to work with.

Well, I suppose I have rambled on long enough. Feel free to stop by and see my office in person anytime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your office looks really good...im glad that your office is finally done...and so is my room...:)...its taken a while but other things were more important...it looks really nice and im happy that you like it...im also happy that you are happy that you have this job...its a good position with wonderful people to work with...love ya :)