Saturday, March 04, 2006

I have been diagnosed with…

A few friends and I spent the night at the church at last night. We had a blast playing games, planning worship and serving others. In the course of the evening, we learned several things about each other. Some of us even have psychological disorders. You’re not likely to find these disorders in any medical text, but they still need immediate attention if you have been diagnosed with them! Here are a few that we ran across:

Carmania - the exaggerated love of one’s vehicle.

Skip to My Lou Disorder- the disorder which causes one to sing (in a rather annoying tone) when one is skipped in a card game repeatedly.

Rafter Shaking Syndrome- this syndrome is characterized by very loud snoring!

Excessive Talking Disorder- this disorder is characterized by talking in one’s sleep; sometimes about cereal boxes.

Bragging Syndrome- this syndrome causes one to brag about how many games she can win in one evening!

Apple to Apple Disorder- this disorder is characterized by the sudden onset of abundant laughter based on simple words or phrases such as whipped cream, carnival worker, Martha Stewart or small animals (which opens another whole new dialogue causing more laughter).

Risky Dental Disorder…this disorder is characterized by the sudden and unusual need to eat unpopped popcorn kernels!

International Baseball Disorder… this disorder is characterized by the strong need to watch Korean baseball games at 3 o’clock in the morning.


Well, we all might have psychological disorders, but we had a great time, and had a licensed therapist among us…

Anybody else been diagnosed with any strange disorders?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you stay all night at the church because you love it there so much or did you help with Room at the Inn? Sounds like you had a great time and I heard the food was good too! Thanks to all our small group folks who provided food for the homeless and to those who stayed the night too!

Conni H. said...

well, actually, I stayed all night at church because I just don't think that I am there enough!

THE FOOD WAS AWESOME- and there was plenty of it...

We did have a great time but we didn't miss the point of why we were there. I wish you had been there...we missed you and would have loved to see if maybe you could have stopped the Skip to My Lou disorder... :) I wonder if we would have found out what disorder you might have?

Thanks for all you do, We all appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I won't go into SOME PEOPLE'S disorders that occur while playing Scrabble!

Guatorean Daddy said...

According to sources within my own house, and extended family, Selective Hearing is the condition I suffer from. This might be a complicated onset from having Selective Memory.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have "My Turn Dissociative Disorder" I can't help it. So I go into a fuge state when it becomes my turn at scrabble. I am a broken man in pain. . .someone please help me!!!!!

3q

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love my baby. She's the perfect color of Midnight Blue. I'll never sell her. She'll get the 'Platinum Treatment' detailing on our anniversary, Feb. 28th, every year. I love my car. :-D