Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Two More Weeks to Go!

Almost a year ago, our minister challenged each of the members at McKnight Road to read the Bible through this year. He handed out a schedule of reading that was brought to him by A.J. and Jimmy. One of his purposes in handing out the schedule was to encourage more dialogue among members about their own person study. I think that it was successful.

We are now 50 weeks into the process, and I wonder how many folks are still following the plan. I know of a few who are still doing it, as I have had conversations with them about particular readings. I have tried really hard to stay caught up. I will admit that it has been extremely difficult. After having surgery in January, (which left me unable to lift my arms up, or tilt my head down) and then repeating the same surgery in October (which left me with the same limitations), I fell way behind! I mean WAY behind.

On Sunday I read 3 John. Guess what? That was the scheduled reading for the day! Hooray! I am finally caught up with only 2 weeks to go! Lord willing, I think I am going to make it!

How are you doing on your daily Bible reading? What is your plan for next year?

4 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

I think it is great that you have kept up with it, even with the surgery's!

I have not kept up with mine but one of my New Year Resolution's will be to keep up with it next year even if the church does not do it, I will do it on my own : )

Anonymous said...

If you have made it this far, you will make it. Unfortunately, I can't say that I will make it through the whole thing this year!

This is a great accomplishment!

Guatorean Daddy said...

Hoo, Hoo! Congrats on your diligence. I am a slacker when it comes to the yearly reading of the Word. I will strongly consider it for 2006. Quite a few times I have picked up the Bible and read a story or 2 that I didn't know, or really enjoyed and benefited from.

Anonymous said...

You should feel a great sense of occomplishment in reading the Bible all the way through in one year. God promises His blessing upon those who recieve His Word. So look up...I expect a blessing is on the way. Come to think of it, you probably have been receiving them all year long.