Wednesday, December 28, 2005


After two previous strike outs in the neck surgeon’s office, I was redeemed with an out of the park homerun today! I asked the question for the 3rd time, and was finally told, “Yes!” That’s right; on January 3, 2006 I will be officially released to go back to work (as tolerated)!
Let me tell ya- I can’t wait!
Praise God for healing.

I hate to admit it, but Doc was right. It was a good idea to take my time to heal. I feel much better than I have since before my first surgery. I know that this time I have been fixed for good! It just feels like it has been a really long 3 months. The suggested recovery period will officially end on Saturday, so I will be able to return to my post immediately after the holiday.
(Have I mentioned how happy that makes me?)

So, many of you have asked, “what next?” Well, I won’t fully be released for a complete 5 years (sigh) and I found out this morning that I will likely need a bit of physical therapy that was not foreseen, but it isn’t a big deal. The good news is that I get to return to my normal life.
(As if my life has ever been normal!)

Thank you all for your prayers, and ongoing concern.
To God be the glory-
great things He has done!

2 comments:

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Answered Prayers! We rejoice with you and look forward to your return.

Jason Harbison said...

HOORAY! I know that you will be very excited to get back to work and I know that they will be happy to have you back.