Saturday, August 16, 2008

Plays, School, Award, and Birthday!

Sorry it has been a few days since I have written. It's been sort of crazy around here lately. I pretty much have been working a lot, going to work events/parties, taking Bekah to and from tech week, getting ready for school to start, and trying to fit in everything else. Bekah was WONDERFUL in her show. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. She is awesome. I had many people tell me that they thought she stole the show with her energy and over the top character. She had the audience laughing so hard that some were crying. To be honest, the show as a whole was not great... there were some sound issues, and a few of the characters were really nervous, so their performances weren't great. But, all had a good time, and Bekah loved every second of it. Oddly enough, her knee injury added to her character. It was great. I will try to post pictures later.

School starts Monday. It is hard to believe that Bekah will be a sophomore. Her schedule is pretty intense, but she insists on packing it pretty tightly with the things that are important to her (like AP Euro-!!!!). I am sure that she will do well, I just wish that she wouldn't take on so much. Of course with the knee injury, she will not take dance for this semester (which saves us a ton of money), so that will be one less thing on her plate.

Jennifer is still working at the Y, and doing fairly well. She is experiencing some growing pains, but as we all remember, 19 is a tough age.

Jason is working hard and keeping busy with all of the things that he loves- so he is about the same.

Oh yeah- I got an award this week. It is the "NEVER SAY NO AWARD." It said, "The Mid-County Family YMCA is proud to present Conni Hxxxxxxx with the Never Say No Award for her tireless efforts and committment to excellence in all that she does, all of the time, for everyone!" It made me laugh... but then it made me think- Maybe I should learn to say no once in a while, and let people learn to do some things for themselves? But, at the same time, I love to help others, I love to serve... so I don't mind being known as the "lady who is always willing to help others."

Well, it is tie to head back to the TV to watch the Olympics. I absolutely LOVE watching them!

One more thing.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON.... I hope you like the iPod Touch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Bekah stole the show - what else would you expect for the future Broadway star!!! Wish we had seen the play. I cannot believe she will be a soph. Where has the time gone. Congrats on the award - glad that you are being noticed and appreciated for all the work you do. We ALL thrive on positive reinforcement. Miss you loads!!!! And the Olympics are awesome - especially Michael Phelps. 19 was a rough age - but then there are challenges with all of them - even as we get older. Hopefully she will go back to school. You cannot put a price on education. a

Unknown said...

n2k24x0o03 v6f78b9a55 g0r48k5h32 h1a12x5d15 e3n76h1b21 o9v05l6m74