Saturday, January 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

.
It is Saturday night, and it is cold in St. Louis! At the moment, around 100,000 Ameren customers in our area are without power... thankfully, we aren't one of them. We are warm and safe, and thankful.

Here is what is on my mind tonight... I am baffled by people sometimes. I just don't understand why some people say the things that they say, and do the things that they do. For the life of me, I can't figure out the purpose of why someone would do something that you specifically asked them NOT to do... especially when they have NOTHING to gain by doing it. Do you think that people like stirring the pot because they need people to hear them? Do you think that people act ugly because they need attention, or because they don't know how to be nice? Do you think people say unkind things on their blogs, or in emails, or even face to face because they somehow think that it will make them superior to the person that they are talking about (or to)?

Don't get me wrong. I am guilty of venting, and guilty of saying and doing some things that I shouldn't do. I need to do better. I am not talking about ONE vent session, or even a FEW vent sessions.... I am talking about EVERY DAY negativity. Their words are ugly, their blogs are filled with back biting, slander, and ugliness, their emails are rude, and their attitudes and actions in person are nothing less than unacceptable (based on common sense and cultural norms).

What gives with these people?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure. I can be as grumpy as the next person, but I can't imagine being unhappy all the time. That seems like it would take an awful lot of work and effort to be that miserable.

I sometimes feel really bad for people like that because I can't imagine how unhappy their lives must be to be that miserable. I think maybe they need our prayers.