Friday, December 29, 2006

More on Saddam

.
MSN is now reporting that Saddam will be executed within the hour. Perhaps it will even happen while I write this post. It has been mentioned to me that it seems only fair that I post my opinion, since I have asked you all to do so on my blog. So, although it may serve as a spoon stirring the pot, here is what I think.

I believe that Saddam is an evil, self-seeking, horrible, abusive man. He deserves to die for the crimes that he has committed against so many. He is a man who has done unimaginable things to so many people, and I am thankful that justice will be served.

At the same time... Saddam is someone's father, someone's son, someone's brother, someone's friend, someone's confidant, someone's leader, someone's lover, someone's family member... and I am sad for them. I am also sad for all of the families that are reliving the horror of the what has happened to their loved ones because of the hand of Saddam, as they watch these events unfold.

I am praying for all involved, and pray that Saddam's execution will provide some kind of avenue of change for his country and for the rest of the world.

3 comments:

Conni H. said...

CNN just reported that Saddam is dead...

Jason Harbison said...

I believe that justice was done.

Anonymous said...

I read on MSNBC that he had been executed. I didn't really feel anything, no relief, no sadness, no nothing. I feel justice has been served, but nothing else. It was a terrible situation that had a terrible conclusion. Maybe this will bring some closure for the families of those killed at his behest.