Saturday, December 30, 2006

Decorating Risk

.
I have always enjoyed decorating, but I have always been afraid of anything drastic. I have stayed with light colors and basic patterns. Okay, truth be told... I have been a total chicken. I was really afraid to try something new.

For whatever reason, I got a wild hair about 3 or 4 days ago, and stopped to get paint swatches while I was out. Today, I made the leap and painted my kitchen and dining room... and I went on the bold side. I picked "pumpkin pie" and "sunshine" for my colors. They work very well together and go well with some of my dishes and kitchen accessories. On top of what I already had, a quick trip to Pier One Imports allowed me to get a few things to finish the look I was going for.

Now that it is done, I must admit... I LOVE IT. I wonder why I waited so long to do something different? Here are a few pictures.

I am so glad that I took this decorating risk. Now I am making plans for our living room, and have chosen "Cholcolate Mousse" as the color for an accent wall. I am thinking that I may wait a little bit to do it though, because I really want new furniture, but don't want to spend the money right now. NOTHING IS ON SALE in furniture stores right now. To be honest, I think I am holding out for a friend to get new furniture so I can buy their good used furniture!

I love decorating!

1 comment:

Jason Harbison said...

Help Me Please...she has "Cholcolate Mousse" and a paint brush!
But she did a great job and it does look really good!