Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2007

I hope that you all had a great Christmas! We did. I would love to share pictures with you, but since I didn't take any, that would be quite difficult.

It has been a great past couple of days. On Christmas Eve we went to my Aunt Susie's and ate a wonderful meal (Uncle Jimmy is a chef!), and then I taught everyone how to play "rob your neighbor." Then it was off to church for the candle light service. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Bekah played Mary, and Jason ran lights, video and sound (imagine that!). Jen and I were active participants in the audience, and it felt good to be able to worship. I must admit, I was surprised at the turnout. 200 candles had been prepared and they ran out at the very end. It is so good to be part of a church that isn't caught up in traditionalism and that isn't afraid to do something that isn't typically accepted within the churches of Christ.

Anyway, then we headed home, and each of us opened one gift. WHAT A SURPRISE- New pajamas for all. Then it was off to bed. Santa won't come unless you are asleep- so of course the girls were anxious to go to bed!

Christmas morning came early... 6 a.m. We opened presents and then it was off to mom's. We decided to start a new tradition, and we arrived at my mom's for breakfast in our pajamas. We had a great breakfast and then it was time to open presents again. The kids are spoiled rotten! (okay, so are the rest of us!)


Then we had some time together as a family and then the rest of the family showed up. By then it was dinner time, and yep.... you guessed it.... more presents. It was fabulous to see some of our family members that we haven't seen in a while. It's amazing how much people change... especially after they leave mom and dad and head to college.

Then it was back to the house and time to crash. It was a long day, but a great one. I hope that you all had a great Christmas too!

1 comment:

Jason Harbison said...

I know this is late, but I really enjoyed Christmas this year! There was no fighting, all of the family got alone, good food, good company and the candle light service was great! It was my first candle light service and it was awesome! I can't wait until next year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!