Saturday, December 30, 2006

Accountability Time

.
As another year comes to a close, I decided to go back to my blog and see what I wrote about this time last year. Here is what I found...

12 Things I Hope to Accomplish in 2006

12. Listen More; Talk Less(This one is so hard for me!)

11. Stay Out of the Hospital(This one should be pretty easy!)

10. Remember That Not Everything is About Me!(But some things are!)

9. Sing More(At church, in the car, in the shower, just for fun!)

8. Give More Time to Ministry(Particularly to Worship and Music ministries)

7. Read the Bible in Chronological Order(Okay, RW, KG, and MR, I am counting on your help with this!)

6. Give and Receive Forgiveness More Freely(This is another one that is hard for me…but I am getting better!)

5. Share the love of Christ with as many as possible.(By example, not by “preaching.”)

4. Go on More Dates!(Of course with Jason…. What were you thinking?)

3. Continue spending lots of quality time with Bekah!(Singing, shopping, playing, praying, talking, and of course goofing off!)

2. Show my love and dedication for friends and family more openly!(Get ready for more hugs… and maybe more cards!)

And the number one thing I hope to accomplish in 2006 is:

1. Live my life everyday for the glory and honor of God.(And seek His guidance in all that I do!)

Well, I suppose it is accountability time! I did better on some of these goals than others, but am happy to report that accomplishment and growth can be recorded in all areas! NOPE- I haven't arrived yet... but who has? Now... what will my goals be for 2007? MMMmmmm?

Did you reach your goals for 2006?

1 comment:

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Conni,

I thank God for the answered prayers in your life this past year. You are right that we never can say that we have "arrived"; but, counting the cost is a measure of spiritual maturity. I think we have all discovered this past year that joy is not rooted in circumstance; but, in relationship with one's Creator. I give thanks for your life and look forward to sharing our journey together with others this next year.

Grace and Peace,