Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. We just have so much to be thankful for. I wish that we spent more time as a country focussing on what is good in our lives and all of the blessings that God has given to us.


Today we went to mom's for Thanksgiving, and while we anticipated a stressful day (for a multitude of reasons), overall it was a great day. We had a good time. We ate a lot, talked a lot, ate some more, and talked some more.

Another big event for the day was playing with the dogs. You can see them in the picture... (L-R), Sugar, Millie, and our sweet Mikki!

It was also great to see a few members our family who we haven't seen in a while.

This picture shows (L-R) Brianna, Jacki, Jason, Lauren, and Susie. It reminded me a lot of when Grandma and Grandpa were still with us and we all used to get together at their house.

It was a good thing for the kids to be together too. Since Jennifer came to live with us, we don't get to see Andrew much anymore. He is growing up so fast. We miss him a lot.

We had a great day and we hope that you did too. The kids are safe and sound at Grandma's house, we have settled in to watch a bit of TV, and we are getting ready to hit the hay so we can get up early and keep our shopping tradition at 4 a.m. Look for a recap of our shopping experience tomorrow! Love to all- I am thankful for you!

3 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

I do have to admit, it was a great time, we ate, talked and watched football, and ate and talked some more. I do have to agree with Conni it was like being at GG's, she would of had a great time! I wanted to say also that I am greatful for my family, job, friends and most of all the church!

Anonymous said...

did you hear? there was bud light there too!!!!

SINNERS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time. I am so thankful to have been invited. My girls really miss the Christmas' as GG's. Christmas is just not the same anymore. The girls have grown and I miss the insanity... The only thing missing was the fighting and bickering and cigarette smoke. (I can live without that!)

Bekah just so you know...
I guess I am a sinner, we will be serving wine and other drinks Christmas Eve. Of course to those over 21 .
See you soon.....