Thursday, November 30, 2006

ICE!

.
Well, the weathermen (and women) got at least part of it right. St. Louis is a very cold and icy place right now. Here is a picture of what things look like on our front porch right now. Sorry, I couldn't get a beautiful picture of ice hanging off of trees or off of the house, but it is so cold, I wasn't willing to be out long enough to look for a beautiful shot!

There is a lot of ice out there and there will be more before the snow starts in a few hours. They are predicting that before it is over, many in the St. Louis area could have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 inches of the white stuff! I think in our specific area, they are predicting between 4-6 inches, but our friends in St. Charles are likely to get pounded.

I like to watch movies, play games, eat pancakes (yes I said pancakes), and work on some writing projects when I am snowed in. What do you like to do?

Do you think you'll be going out anywhere tomorrow?

Some guys in my prayer group normally golf on Fridays.... even when it is cold. I am betting they won't go tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

I like to snuggle up with my wife and watch a good movie : ) or read a good book and not go outside as for the Golf guys, I think a few of them might try : )

Ed. Tritschler said...

I HOPE Jason gets some of those pancakes!!!!!!!! I read for the blind on friday and right now my plan is to go as usual to the radio station.

Anonymous said...

We really can't go out..We have a huge limb on our fence and power and phone lines down. Looks like it's time for a new fence. Thank God we still have our power, though. Our tree took out our neighbor's phone and power...Oops!

So we will stay inside and watch our limbs fall from our dining room window and pray for no more damage.

What a mess!! (again!)