Monday, November 20, 2006

Tailgate 2006

.
Wow- what a great and tiring day! Yesterday was the 3rd annual YMCA Tailgate Party at Glen Echo Country Club, which serves as our kickoff for our Partner Campaign. Here are a few pictures from the day:

Bekah was asked by my boss to offer the invocation. She did a great job. She shared a story and offered a prayer. She did a fabulous job! HOORAY for Bekah!

Here is a picture of (L-R) Lindsay, Angela, Nicole, Chris, and Amy B. This picture was taken as we were setting up the food tables. Everyone worked really hard. GREAT JOB!

Here are the 2 big dogs for the day! This is my boss, Dona and our Our board Partner Chairman, Steve. They both seemed very pleased with how the day went.

Here is Jason, and Dona's husband, Tom. Tom always introduces himself as Mr. Dona Sherwood. He told Jason, "Get used to it...when your wife is an executive in the YMCA, you quickly become an extension of her." Jason said he didn't mind being Mr. Conni Harbison...well... he says it is okay sometimes! Jason and Tom were great helpers today. THANKS GUYS- YOU ROCK!

This is not a great picture, but I wanted to share what it was like to watch the game on really big screens. It was awesome.

Today's event was a fundraiser and a HUGE success. We raised more money than the event has ever raised for children and families in need! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the event a success!

Just like home... The event wouldn't have been complete unless someone had fallen asleep on the couch while watching the game. We are glad that people had a good time and felt comfortable. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

It was so tiring, but worth the effort. Plus, it means that I only have to go in for a little while today! I am going in late, and coming home early!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see alcohol on the table again. I also see your daughter there. Is she drinking now too?

Jason Harbison said...

Anonymous, I am sorry to hear that you can not see or say anything positive. I will pray for you. Bekah did an outstanding job and all I heard were great remarks especially when you were taking care of the little ones. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me. Anonymous- why is drinking such a big deal to you??? God does not command us not to drink. What is the hang up???

Anonymous said...

Anonymous #1 has issues. My husband and I are having a date tonight, here at home. We bought a nice bottle of wine, good cheese and crackers. With four kids, going out isn't an frequent option, but we do enjoy a nice evening. What is so wrong with having a glass of wine?

Anonymous said...

pull me the verse from the bible that says drinking is wrong, and I'll agree with you.