Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ramblings

It has been quite a tiring few days. As many of you know, a sweet couple at our church delivered a still born daughter on Tuesday. Jason and I were honored to be asked to be present for her labor and delivery, her funeral yesterday, and her memorial service at the church today. We have considered it pure joy to serve Mike and Sandi and their families over the past few days with so many others who love and care for them so much. We are remembering them in our prayers and ask that you pray for them too (if they aren't already on your prayer list).

In addition, work has been very busy this week too. We have so much going on with our Corporate Partners Program, Board Meetings, Partner Kickoff, United Way goals... and on and on. I know that you all are not strangers to being busy at work. Has anyone besides me noticed that when it rains it pours? I have days where I am crazy busy, and they seem to come in huge chunks. Oh well, I will survive.

I am still loving my job. If you don't know already, I GOT PROMOTED! I am excited, and it feels great to be in a job where my skills are recognized and appreciated. God has been so good to me. I am thankful for the way that He has worked things out. I am blessed to have a boss who is a Christian and is not afraid to have prayer in the work place and focus on Christian principles. It is awesome. For a while I thought it was just at my office, but on Friday I was an Association wide meeting, and the day started with a devotional, and prayer was offered several times during the day. IT IS AWESOME TO WORK AT SUCH A CHRIST CENTERED PLACE. I love it!

Jason is staying busy with work and side contract work, plus he is still loving the Tuesday bowling league (keep him in line Steve!). The girls are busy with school work, youth group and extracurricular activities. Sometimes I guess we are just way too busy!

On another note, Jason and I have had the opportunity to serve with our new preacher and his wife this week a lot. David and Vicki have been a joy to work with. I'll admit that as the former church secretary, I had some serious questions about if I would want to continue working so intimately with some church situations because I was just afriad that it would be really weird and uncomfortable. I have been pleasantly surprised. Last night David asked me about some things that he was concerned about (with me personally) and we talked at great lengths. I appreciate him very much. Vicki and I talked quite frankly about serveral things too, and she has made me feel much better about some situations, and has encouraged me a great deal. They realy are good people.

I realize that I am rambling. That is just how it goes, I guess.

Please remember to pray for Mike and Sandi. The next several months, and maybe even years, will be very difficult.

Now, if I may suggest it, I believe it is time for a glass of wine, a comfy cover, and great seat to watch the Cardinals win Game 2 of the World Series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah! good blog. It does seem like things are very busy around here lately but we still have those family times that i love so much. Its only going to get busier comming up with the hollidays and all. Mike and Sandi are wonderful people and are and will stay in my prayers. im happy you like your job...i knew you would when you got it!...love ya lots!