Saturday, April 22, 2006

Baseball Heaven?


.
As we entered the new Busch stadium today, we noticed signs everywhere that said, "Welcome to baseball Heaven." I enjoyed my first game at the new Busch, but I think baseball heaven may have been the victim of the bulldozers that took down the old Busch.

I loved the old stadium. I hope the new one grows on me. The Cards beat the CUBS 4-1, and we all had a great time. The pictures below were taken at the game.

The New Busch- from the outside looking in!

Nate and Becky enjoying the game!


Sarah and Donna take a look at the new field before the game!

Here is Mr. Steve with a "build a Fred-Bird toy!"

My favorite first baseman- ALBERT PUJOLS!

What did you all think about the new Busch? Is it baseball Heaven?

3 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

I loved the new stadium! It was open, lots of space, room to walk and even though we sat on the 4th level it was not that bad! I totally want to go again! Oh yeah Go Cardinals beat the baby bears!

Guatorean Daddy said...

I really liked the stadium. It is BEAUTIFUL sight walking up to the gates. Once inside you are treated with a grand view of the green field, stately buildings and the incomparable Arch.

Is it baseball heaven? I still need to see Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee Stadium in order to form an educated opinion. Since a stadium is nothing without the fans, and STL has the best fans-my uneducated guess is that it is indeed heaven on the banks of the Mighty Miss.

Ed. Tritschler said...

Game was good because Cards won!!!
For me the stadium was a little disappointing.I have sat in the old Busch stadium several times in right field near the foul pole and near my seats today. The playing field sight lines were signifantly better in old Busch.In fact I was there in right field when Ozzie hit the go crazy folks home run and I could follow the ball all most to the wall. Today seldom did I know the right fielder was playing defense.The score board in left field can be read but you have to concentrate instead of merely glancing for the pitch count.The oweners have sold out to the advertisers. I agree with Jason the walk ways are wide and every thing is new. I will return because I bleed Cardinal red.