Sunday, April 09, 2006

Any Good News?

Since I started this blog several months ago, I have covered a wide variety of topics. I have touched on everything from family life, to church happenings, to “hot topics” in the church. Many of my readers have commented on a lot of the topics, but the majority of comments have been made about the controversial posts that I have made.

One week ago today, I posted about GOOD NEWS. I’ll admit that my hope was that as Christians, we would be willing to share the good things in our lives. I was disappointed. I’d like to thank Deanie who was willing to share something that is GOOD NEWS in her life. The rest of us didn’t share anything about how God is blessing our lives.

Now, I know that my blog is not the only means by which people communicate. (THANK GOD!) I just find it interesting that I can get 15 comments about something that is controversial, even among the Christian community, and only 1 person was willing to testify about the blessings in her life.

Are good things happening? What is the GOOD NEWS? Are we willing to share with others how God is blessing our lives?

5 comments:

Ed. Tritschler said...

Connie
Believe it or not I am a simple man at heart.
Last Sunday Nancy and I spent four or five hours with a couple that we have not seen in at least two years.Friday I celebrated a birthday with a big number but it was good as I was with my best friend.Today I got the best hug from a five year old beautifull grandaughter.
what a great week God gave me.

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Seeing Karl Reijger's grandfather being baptized by Karl and Steve Haupt last Wednesday warmed my heart! God is at work in the lives of the members of his church in ways that we cannot see. I am thankful for the promise made to Abraham. For more see: http://morenoble.blogspot.com/
I am thankful for my Care Group, the Intelligent Design Seminar we put on last Saturday night, and the excitement of the members in the young married's class that we share studying God's word on Sunday mornings.

Conni H. said...

The GOOD NEWS in my life is of course headlined by the knowledge that I am a child of God and I am covered by His mercy and grace. But in addition to that awesome gift, He blesses me everyday. I am blessed with a great family and a great bunch of friends. He has blessed me with my health and healing this year, and with so many opportunities to see His work. I agree with Brad- witnessing Jack's baptism was an awesome thing, and I agree with Ed- a hug from a child is a HUGE blessing. We all have so much to be thankful for! Let's share our GOOD NEWS with the entire world.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my new home, my husband, and my children. I am thankful that I have a job I love. I am very glad that I get to make a difference in people's lives if only on a small basis.

Guatorean Daddy said...

God is blessing my new business, and our family with a great little one. I also think that He has put some specific people in our lives to bring them (and us) closer to Christ. These are folks that used to work with a good friend in FL, but now live in STL.

A really nice blessing is a wife that knows my needs. Just tonight she brought home Easter Recees Peanut Butter Eggs. These have a better peanut butter to chocolate quotient than the traditional cups. Just another reason why I love her, and think she is great.