Sunday, July 23, 2006

Blogging brought to a halt!

.
WOW! What a crazy week this has been!

As you may have noticed, it has been almost a week since I found my way on to a computer to blog! This fact is not without reason. Here is the story.

Monday was a normal beginning to my week, except for Jason was in Portland on a business trip. So that left me completely on my own...(awww... poor Conni). Anyway, it was a very tiring day at work, Bekah had rehearsal, and my mom and I had plans together that evening. No time to blog.

Tuesday started with prayer group (a highlight of my week), then it was off to Bread Co. for breakfast with friends, then on to work. After work I had several errands to run, and by the time Bekah and I got home, I was exhausted.... No time to blog.

Wednesday was when the real fun began! I had a normal day at work, (except I had a workman's comp training), dinner with my two best buddies and Bekah, and then took Bekah to rehearsal. I had a few things to return to Kohl's, so I headed that way. The sun was shining when I went in. Don't let that fool you. Within about 10 minutes of arriving at Kohl's, I heard, "Attention Kohl's customers, due to the tornado in the area, we must ask all customers to go to the customer service area." WHAT? Okay, so I went to the customer service area. Then the lights went out. And they stayed out. No power- no blog.

Thursday- It was a normal work day. The lights were still out and it was 105 degrees outside. At least Jason was home finally, so we could be miserable together. We stayed with some friends from church because they had power! No power- not home- couldn't blog.

Friday- Work was normal, most of the trees in the roads were cleared, and some people had finally gotten electricity. While I was at work, I called home, and guess what? The answering machine answered! Hooray! We had power! Now, don't get too excited- another storm was fast approaching... there were strong winds, and yep, you guessed it- We lost power again. So, we packed up again, and headed to my mom's (by that point she had power). Not home- can't blog.

Saturday, I went shopping with mom and then the 4 of us went to see Les Miserables at the Fox. I tried to call home. STILL NO POWER! ARRRRRGGG! After the show we went to Tuckers for a steak dinner (Yes, M.R. I had steak). Then I called our house again, and HOORAY, we had power again! So we headed home. I was exhausted! Too tired to blog.

Today has been a great day! We had an AMAZING worship service, lunch with good friends (thanks again Brad and Sue), and then we came home. Jennifer is home from the mission trip, Bekah is doing very well after her recent ordeal, and Jason and I are doing very well- unless you count the fact that we are very tired. So, now is the first time I have had to blog!

Today, I am thankful for a great family, great friends, an amazing God, and ELECTRICITY!

On a side note- Happy Birthday to Steele G. (He is 39 today).
And on another side note- please keep folks in the St. Louis area in your prayers... There are still over 300,000 Ameren UE customers without power.

4 comments:

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Welcome back to the blogging world...which is very dependant upon electricity!

Anonymous said...

We need to have another "spend the night party" sometime - just for the fun of it - not because you have no power. It's great to see your blogs again - and this morning's service was awesome. It reminded me of the services at my grandparents Baptist church in TN when I was a child and those marvelous spirited services we attended at the black congregations in Atlanta so many years ago. I picture Heaven more like this morning's service. a

Anonymous said...

Been worried about you!!! Glad you are good. . .let us know if you need anything!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»