Friday, September 05, 2008

I learned an important lesson...

... it is MUCH easier to play a guitar that fits your body instead of trying to play one that is too big!

So, I ventured to the guitar store this week, and I was so lucky to be able to work with a salesman that really wanted to help! I kept picking up new guitars- primarily based on looks (to be honest) and he kept saying, "nope- too big... nope... that one is too big too!" Apparently, I am not quite as big as I think I am. He said, "You need a smaller guitar." So, he handed me the first "smaller" one, and just like that.... I was an amazing guitar player! LOL.... okay, well, not quite... but... I could play Bm and F with NO PROBLEMS. I told him that I had never been able to do that before, and he said, "Then you have never played the right size guitar!" I wanted to buy the dark brown one (thinking of how cute it would look with a PINK strap), but guess what? TOO BIG! I was thankful that he was most concerned about the best guitar to help me want to continue my hobby instead of making a buck! The one I wanted was almost twice as expensive as the smaller one that I wound up buying.... but it fit, and it is comfortable. So, I have been practicing a lot... and I am loving my new guitar!

(I didn't even know there were different sizes before my visit to Guitar Center! GEESH! I feel silly!)

No comments: