Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Results are "BACK"

As you know, I had an MRI this week because it was believed that I had a fractured vertabrae or a ruptured disc. Today that doctor called with great news. I have neither of the conditions that were feared. The MRI showed a large amount of swelling in my lower back, which is responsible for the pain that I am experiencing. Praise the Lord!

So, for now I have 2 choices. I can either A.) deal with the pain with pain killers and work through it until the swelling goes down or B.) Go to PT and be tortured and still take pain killers and wait for the swelling to go down.

I have actually opted for a third choice. I am going to take ALEVE instead of pain killers, and use all of my previous experience with PT to make sure that I am stretching and keeping mobile, and wait for the swelling to go down.

Thanks for all of your prayers. I am thankful that I won't have to deal with anything else major when it comes to my back!

3 comments:

Bradford L. Stevens said...

We can chalk up one more answered prayer! :-)

P.S. - Try ICE. It reduces inflamation and swelling.

toocoolforschool said...

connie connie
conniee how are you doing ... tell jason i said wassup

Anonymous said...

I was away from e.mail for a few days - so glad all our prayers were answered. We are all so relieved. Told you my pain management doctor calls PT "pain and torture". And it IS. Hope Chicago was great - it always is.a