Wednesday, April 11, 2007

OUCHY!

When I asked my friend to pray for me about a "little" issue I was having, I didn't expect it to make the prayer list at church- but I know intentions were good.... so I am not mad or anything. Now I just have a lot of questions to answer, so I thought this was a good venue to do that.

First let me say, Yes, I know that I am stupid.
Yes, I know that I broke all of the rules.
Yes, I know that this is all my fault!

So, anyway... this is what happened. About 8 weeks ago, I was standing on a chair, painting. (I know... bad idea.) On top of that being a bad idea, I didn't have shoes on...only socks (very bad idea). I am sure that I don't have to tell you what happened next... Conni came tumbling down... Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall... and it hurt- A LOT....

So with time, I felt better, although I was bruised. Last week things started to hurt a bit more, and by the end of the weekend, I was experiencing a great deal of pain. With a little nudging... I decided to make a doctor's appointment.

Upon examination it was determined that I likely have either a fractured vertabrae, or a ruptured disc. I guess that explains the pain! So... they sent me for an MRI today, and I should have the results tomorrow or Friday.

I am thinking three things at this point:
1. If it was something really bad, they wouldn't have let me leave the hospital.
2. No matter what it is, I will be fine.... I have dealt with a lot already.
3. I will never stand on a chair again while painting!

Thanks for your continued prayers- God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww ily. i tryed to catch you...clearly i was unsuccessful and im probably not going out for the softball team next year...hope the MRI comes back with positive news.