Thursday, August 31, 2006

Gone Home

.
"Miss Gin"
July 25, 1914- August 31, 2006

I’ve gone home to see my Father,
I’ve gone home, so don’t you cry.
I’ll be waiting for you in Heaven,
In my mansion prepared on high.
No more sickness, no more sorrow,
No more pain, and no more grief.
I’ve gone home to be with Jesus.
Though my sojourn here was brief.
I’ve gone home to live in Heaven
With all the blessed saints of old,
Here with Abraham and David
To stroll through streets of gold.
But there’s something else more beautiful,
So precious, beyond this crystal sea,
As I wander through realms of glory
I find my Savior walks with me.
I’ve gone home to be in Heaven
Where there’s no sadness, and no night.
There is joy and peace unending,
In this blissful land of light.
I’ve gone home to be in Heaven,
Though you miss me, and tears abound,
Just keep believing in God’s promises,
And listening for that trumpet sound.
Because one day in God’s timing
When the Lord calls out your name
Look to the skies in awe and wonder -
We’ll see each other again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem -it captures Gin's heart and her message to the world. Thank you for thinking of this great lady - she will be missed around her.

Becky said...

That made me cry... she is one fine lady, and I can't wait to see her again one day. We were all truly blessed to know her!

Guatorean Daddy said...

Such a sweet lady. I think heaven just got a little brighter.

Jason Harbison said...

Miss Gin will be missed! That poem was beautiful and I pray that God will comfort all of us who will deeply miss her. We love you and will miss you!