Monday, June 18, 2007

Thought for today...

If you can't... then don't.

It is so frustrating to me when people choose to do things that they clearly have no business doing. Now, if they are learning new skills, I believe that they should have the opportunity to try them out, but not in situations that will negatively effect lots of people. When people make a choice to do something that they are not skilled at doing, there is a great potential to cost others a great deal of time, effort, money, and frustrations.

A baker should not pretend to be a computer genius.
A mechanic should not pretend that he can be a great doctor.
A teacher should not pretend to be a fire fighter or a police officer.

If you can't do it- DON'T!

(yes, this was sparked by a particular incident, but it wouldn't be nice to share the name of the person who thinks s/he is an expert about something that s/he knows very little about... although most people know anyway!)

Oh- that is so FRUSTRATING to me! (mmmm.... I bet I have been guilty of this myself too!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried talking to the so-called "expert" about the situation? Do they know how frustrated you are because of what they did?

Anonymous said...

I actually find this post rather judgmental and closed minded.

I would think that people should be APPLAUDED for making effort to excel and gain information in areas that they might not be otherwise skilled in.

I think that a desire to be well rounded, and versatile should be considered a positive trait.

Likewise, I would think that for someone who is a vociferous as you tend to be on this blog, you would cut some slack to other people who hold strong opinions.

Conni H. said...

Dear Anonymous 2- thanks for your opinion. I think I recall reading somewhere about a speck and a plank... hmmmm. perhaps you should read your first sentence in your comment, and then tell me who is being judgemental.

If you are the same anonymous who always has something negative to say, I want you to know that you remain in my prayers... God will take your anger and bitterness when you are ready to release it to Him.

If you ever want to chat about what is really bothering you, email me and let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... it's not nice to tell the name of the person on your blog, yet it is ok to talk about what they did and how frustrated you were with them??? That seems "not ok" to me. And no, I'm not anonymous # 2 or any other person who has ever commented on your blog.

Anonymous said...

You expect someone to want to chat with you when people who don't agree with you get publicly bashed? I don't think so.

Conni H. said...

whatever... if you dont like it here.... leave.