Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Career

Most of us had an idea of what we wanted to do when we "grew up." Then we went to college, and maybe majored in that subject, or maybe in something totally different. Then we got into the real world and got a job! This job, may or may not be what we wanted to do when we grew up, or what we majored in. Then, while we are working our jobs, we often think.... "I want to switch careers completely!

So, I thought it would be fun to share what our career journeys... So here is mine... I hope that you will share yours with me.

What I wanted to be when I grew up: A MOMMY, and a 1st grade teacher
What I majored in: Bachelor's/ Social Work, Master's/ Counseling (still not finished!)
Present Job: Branch Administrator/ Marketing Director
If I were to switch careers: ???
What my friends say I should be: Florist, Therapist, Attorney

Maybe I should go back to school? Nah.

What about you... ? How would you answer these questions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I wanted to be when I grew up: A nurse.
What I majored in: Nursing
Present Job: RN in a Pediatric ICU
If I were to switch careers: Independently wealthy and just enjoy my family (not sure how to do this though!)
What my friends say I should be: A nurse.

Jason Harbison said...

What I wanted to be when I grew up: A Veterinary or A Writer
What I majored in: Computer Information Systems
Present Job: Technology Coordinator for the Facilities Department at Saint Louis University
If I were to switch careers: A writer or a teacher
What my friends say I should be: I am not sure, probably a computer guy or a teacher