Sunday, October 19, 2008

The rains have stopped.... mostly.

They say when it rains it pours, and goodness knows that we seem to have had our share of storms in the Harbison family. But, it seems that the rains have mostly stopped.

We have moved into the new house, and it is coming together slowly. I couldn't leave well enough alone I suppose, so I had to paint just about every wall in the house... and some needed to be primed first. It was a lot of work, but it is done. We are mainly settled, now we are just hanging things on the wall and replacing things that we had forgotten that we had lost. I guess this is why people have wedding showers... it is EXPENSIVE to buy everything all at once. But, we have been blessed, and we are doing okay.

Jason's staff infection.... well, all I know to say is EW! or GROSS! He goes back to the surgeon on Tuesday for a final decision on what happens next.

Bekah's show opens on Thursday. We are excited for her, but we all (including her) are ready for it to be over.

Jenn started her full time job and LOVES it. I am sure that she will do well.

Well, for me, it is a CRAZY time of year at work. It is budget time, and program catalog time, and development time, and marketing plan time..... and the list goes on. I love the variety of my job, and I love being busy, it is just a lot at once. It is all good.

On a more personal note, I am really missing M&D R, SH, and A, and RAW. There are a few others that I miss too, like BS, and SF, but I cant force people to remember that I exist. Oh well. Live and learn. I hope all are well.

So, we are just a few weeks from the election... anyone want to share who they are voting for? Is anyone still undecided? Does anyone still read this blog?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the R's also. (Don't recoginze the rest).

I still read and have been praying for you and your family.

L

Anonymous said...

So glad things are calming down a bit. You guys have had more than your share of challenges. I am thrilled about your new home - and not a bit surprised you were painting just about everything. Remember your office project?? Where is Jen working? We wish her well - and we know Bekah will be the star and bring the house down.
Miss you SO much!!! And I am always praying for all of you. a

Anonymous said...

You still have a few readers.

As for the election, I am going to vote for Obama/Biden. If you heard Gen. Colin Powell's statement on "Meet The Press" yesterday, you will understand my feelings. His seven minute, well thought out, answer to Tom Brokaw's question was perfect. If you didn't hear what he had to say, check out msnbc.com and pull up the video. The articles written don't do it justice, you actually need to listen to what he says.