Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's a small world

Sometimes I am shocked by how small the world we live in actually is. I won't bore you with all of the drawn out details, but here is the short version of the story.

Some time ago, perhaps a year and a half or so, I was on a friend's blog, and I was looking to see if she had any links to blogs of others that I may have also known. Among her list of links, there was a link that said "baby Ira." Snce I love children so much, I clicked on it. On Baby Ira's blog, I read about a very sick little boy. In fact, based on what I read, there were many nights that little Ira was not expected to live through the next 24 hour period. Ira's story, and Ira's family became part of my list of blogs that I read daily. This family also became a regular part of my prayer list, and when they were going through particularly hard times, I asked others to pray for them also. Ira and his family currently live in New York, and Ira has been home from the hospital for some time now. Although he has a lot of medical challenges, and a trache (not sure if that is spelled right), he seems to be an answered prayer.

Today, Jason and I went to St. Louis Bread Company for lunch after church. We were enjoying our meal, when a little girl caught my eye. As I looked over at her, I knew that I had seen her before, but I wasn't sure where. As I continued following my path of vision, I soon saw a daddy, and a little baby boy with a trache. Could it be? Well... yes it could be... and it was.

As they walked past us, I said, "I know you! You don't know me, but I know you... I read your blog!" Before we realized it, we were in a pretty in depth conversation about Ira's continued journey to health, and the power of prayer and having brothers and sisters all over the country (and world) praying for one another.

Who would have ever thought that our paths would have crossed on this side of Heaven?

It was such an awesome blessing to see Ira and his family face to face, to see his smile, to hear Sophia love on her brother, and to see the gratitude in the eyes of his family for our prayers.

I'd like to ask each one of you to add baby Ira and his family to your prayer list. They are a beautiful family, and an encouragement to so many. I know they have encouraged me beyond measure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great. Maybe God allowed you both to be at the same place at the same time just so the dad knew that people all over the county were praying for them. Or, maybe he allowed it because you needed to see first hand that God heard, and answered your prayer for the baby.

Thanks for sharing this. It is an encouragement.

Bradford L. Stevens said...

I don't think these are random events. The threads of our lives are so intertwined in ways that most of us never see. Yet, upon occassion, we sense the revelation that God is in control. It is a God thing!

Becky said...

I'm so jealous that you saw them! (That is so cool though!) I just read on their blog that they were here!!!! Yes... it is an amazing story... I'm glad you're following it now, too! They are a great family and Ira is so precious!!!

Anonymous said...

God is good to bless us - thanks for sharing the wonderful way He enouraged you on your journey.